Since 2011, Holidays on the Square (HOTS) has been an annual multi-location kick-off to the winter holidays, featuring special events, promotions and activities offered by Logan Square small businesses and not-for-profit organizations. Holidays on the Square was created to give small businesses and not-for-profits of Logan Square the opportunity to showcase their wares and services. And the event is organized by local business owners and volunteers to encourage residents to shop locally and strengthen community ties.
Your participation not only increases attention to the neighborhood of Logan Square, but brings people through your doors. It doesn’t take much to participate—all we need to know is what you have to offer and a small participation fee to help cover costs of printing, marketing and your holiday wreath marker. Note: You do not need to create a sale/special or activity just for the day. It could be as simple as featuring a product or service you already have. You do not have to change your business hours either!
Here are some examples of businesses who have already confirmed their participation.
- Photos with Santa Claus at Play, 3109 W. Logan Blvd.
- Holiday Movie Family Matinee at The Logan Theatre, 2646 N. Milwaukee
- Pop-up shop at Fleur, 2651 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Local Artists at Shop 1021
With your participation, we ask for a monetary sponsorship to assist in underwriting the cost of the event. These funds go toward marketing, web design and hosting, and signage for your location. Any profit will go to this year’s event beneficiary, LoganSquarist, which will fund website maintenance and hosting, and year-round programming. We offer two pricing tiers:
- Business Owner Participant … $35
- Not-for-Profit Participant … $30
By participating in Holidays on the Square, you get:
- Advertising and cross-promotion!
- Pre-event mentions on our social profiles, including mentions of your “promotion.”
- Day-of social media promotion on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram throughout the day of Holidays on the Square.
- Map of participating business displayed at each participating location and posted online.
- Produced poster and post cards for the event delivered in late November.